Beginning April 6, 2016, approved electronic devices will be allowed at all TCCO hosted CIC Institutes, CRM Programs and Graduate Ruble Seminars. Please read the information below for details regarding how this program works and what the requirements are. Due to state regulations, participants who hold a resident license in NY, SC and VA are not able to use electronic devices in any class.
This program will allow you to receive an electronic copy of the course notebook and use an approved device in the classroom for purposes of note-taking. If you register within 10 days of the program, the notebook may not be available on your MyPage. Additionally, if you are a new participant to The National Alliance, you will not be able to download the notebook as you do not have a MyPage set up until the completion of your first program.
Even if you do not get one of these reserved seats, you may still download an electronic copy for the notebook for your personal reference. A PDF copy of the electronic notebook will be loaded to your MyPage and available for download 7 days prior to the program and 7 days following the program.
To access your copy of the notebook, please do the following:
· Visit www.scic.com
· Click on the link for MyPage in the upper right hand corner
· Enter your username and password – if you do not have one, you may use the “click here” link to obtain yours
· Once logged in, scroll and find My Documents to locate the file “Notebook Institute Topic, End Date, CO, Institute Initials." For example, if you are registered for the Commercial Casualty CIC on April 6-8, 2016 you will look for "Notebook Commercial Casualty 20160408COCC"
· Click on the file name and then click Open
· Your computer will ask you if you want to Open or Save the file (saving the file is the faster download option)
· If you have any trouble accessing your notebook, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Approved devices include laptops, tablets and other similar devices. Phones are not approved devices and, as always, must be turned off and put away during class.
If you decide you’d like to use the electronic book on an approved electronic device in the classroom, please arrive early to the program to obtain one of the reserved spots. Reserved spots will only be held until 15 minutes before class begins. There will only be a limited number of seats available, in a designated section, for people who opt-in for use of an electronic device and participants will obtain these seats on a first come, first served basis.
To get the most out of this resource and to ensure that electronic devices do not become a distraction in the classroom, we ask participants to:
· Respect the classroom learning environment and extend courteous behavior to your classmates. If you use your device in any type of distracting manner or for anything other than note-taking or following along in the notebook, you will be asked to put it away for the remainder of the class. Additional violations will lead to consequences that include receiving no CE or update credits and dismissal from the class without a refund.
· Bring your fully charged electronic device to class with the book already downloaded. Wi-Fi will not be available in the classroom. Also, the charging and recharging of your device will be your responsibility as power sources will not be available at your seat. Electrical outlets in the classroom are limited and may be designated for other purposes. If there happens to be an available outlet near your seat, your cord may not pose a tripping hazard and if it does, you will be not be able to keep the device plugged in.
When you arrive at the program, please be prepared to sign the “Electronic Device Usage Policy Agreement” that acknowledges your understanding of the scope, requirements and rules of the electronic device usage program. Please read the acknowledgement carefully and let us know if you have any questions.
We would like to have an idea of how many people are interested in using their devices, so please let Cybil know at least 10 days before the program start date if you plan to use your approved electronic device.