IIABA INTERACTIVE CONTENT AGREEMENT
Effective as of August 1, 2012
The Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of America, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (including Big I Advantage, Inc.; IIAA Agency Administrative Services, Inc.; IIAA Membership Services, Inc.; Big I Risk Purchasing Group, LLC; Trusted Choice, Inc.; and IIAA Educational Foundation) (collectively IIABA) have established this Interactive Content Agreement (Agreement) for all who visit, use, contribute to and interact with this site (Site). By using this Site, you agree to comply with this Agreement. If you do not agree to comply with this Agreement, you do not have permission to use the Site. IIABA may change the terms of this Agreement at any time, without notice, by posting them on the Site, and you must abide by the revised terms in order to have permission to continue to use the Site. You agree to review the terms of this Agreement periodically so you are informed about any changes. This is a legally binding contract.
1. The purpose of the Site is for general information and discussion on topics related to IIABA, its members, and their business needs. The views expressed on the Site by individual users are those of the individual users only and do not represent the views of IIABA. Neither the content of the Site, nor the links to other sites contained therein, are routinely moderated, screened, approved or reviewed by IIABA.
3. Posting and Commenting Rules
(a) You agree to exercise common sense and courtesy when posting comments, information and/or materials on the Site (collectively Content). You agree not to post any inappropriate Content on the Site, including, without limitation, Content that:
Is unlawful or promotes unlawful activities;
Is libelous or defamatory;
Is offensive, obscene, vulgar, abusive, hateful or threatening;
Promotes discrimination or harm to any individual or group;
Invades others privacy rights or displays personal information of any individual;
Involves the transmission of spam, junk mail or any other unsolicited mass mailing or communication;
Contains any computer viruses or any other code designed to disrupt, damage or limit the functioning of any computer software or hardware;
Discloses confidential or proprietary information; or
Is posted using any name other than your real name.
(b) You represent all Content that you post is truthful, accurate, and expected to be useful to the Site readers.
(c) You represent and warrant that you have all rights necessary for you to post the Content you submit to the Site without violating the copyrights, trademarks or any other intellectual property of any third party.
(d) This Site is not for commercial purposes and, therefore, postings other than by IIABA may not include advertisements for goods/services, solicitations, surveys or similar material.
(e) IIABA reserves the right to use Site comments, ideas and suggestions with no obligation to compensate or make attribution to the individual or entity that provided the comments, ideas and suggestions.
4. Postings, including but not limited to comments and replies, are not to be relied on as professional opinions or advice. IIABA does not endorse, approve, recommend, or certify any information, product, process, service or organization presented or mentioned on the Site by users other than authorized IIABA staff. Additionally, IIABA makes no representations or warranties, or any other commitments about any non-IIABA portal, website or third-party source that may be accessible from or linked to the Site.
5. Access to certain Content and portions of the Site may be limited based on your permissions and roles with IIABA. IIABA limits access to restricted and/or secure areas of the Site to authorized users only. You should not attempt to access areas of the Site that you are not permitted to use and agree not to do so.
6. In consideration for your agreement to this Agreement, the Site grants you a personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable license to access and use the Site. You may access the Content on the Site only for your own use, and you agree not to commercialize it in any way. By posting to or otherwise engaging in any communication on the Site, you are granting IIABA a perpetual, royalty-free, and irrevocable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, distribute, transmit, publically display, publically perform, sublicense, create derivative works from, transfer, and sell any such information.
7. IIABA is not required to, but reserves the right to, monitor and administer the Site and, in its sole discretion, remove and/or refuse to post Content and comments posted to the Site. IIABA also reserves the right and discretion to disable user accounts and/or terminate a users posting privileges at any time and without notice.
8. You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold IIABA, and its past, present and future officers, directors, agents, executive committee members, and employees (collectively IIABA Indemnitees) harmless from any and all demands, claims, loss, damage, liability, judgment, costs, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys fees and costs of investigation and defense) (collectively Claims) resulting from: (a) your violation of this Agreement; (b) your use of the Site; or (c) your placement of Content onto the Site. IIABA reserves the right to defend any such Claims, and you agree to provide IIABA with such reasonable cooperation and information as IIABA requests.
9. If any portion of this Agreement, or the application of it to any person or circumstances shall to any extent be invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of this Agreement, or the application of it to persons or circumstances other than those which are invalid or unenforceable, shall not be affected thereby, and each portion of this Agreement shall be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law. This Agreement shall be construed exclusively under the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, without regard to conflicts of laws rules, and the exclusive venue of any disputes hereunder shall be Alexandria, Virginia.
10. Any questions related to this Agreement or any other aspect of the Site should be submitted in writing via email or mail to IIABA to firstname.lastname@example.org or to IIABAs General Counsel, Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of America, Inc., 127 South Peyton Street, Alexandria, VA 22314.