Selective is a longtime supporter of IIABA and its member agents. Selective has been rated "A" or better by A.M. Best since 1930 and has participated in the NFIP WYO program since 1984.
Selective Flood Operations offers a state of the art processing system to make the policy quoting and issuance quick and seamless. In addition Selective offers free flood zone determinations and market access for excess flood coverage.
Some quick facts about Selective:
- 49th largest P&C company
- Rated A (Excellent) by A.M. Best Company, Inc. for 50 consecutive years
- $1.67 billion net premium written in 2012
- A regional carrier with national capacity for flood
- Trusted Choice® company partner
Selective Flood Operations provides a quality of service that makes the process easier and less frustrating. Now you can participate in a program that provides education, guidance, assistance, and competitive commissions.
Here are a few other advantages:
- Free, guaranteed Zone Determinations
- Expertise on both Personal and Commercial Flood
- Dedicated and experienced Underwriter assigned to each agency
- Territory Managers with field underwriting experience to provide training and certified CE courses
Selective Insurance makes writing flood insurance easy and profitable by providing several ways of obtaining a quote:
- Fax - Submit directly to Selective underwriters for a 24-48 hour turnaround
- Big “I” Markets.com - Submit via our internet site, which works with Selective underwriters for a 24-48 hour turnaround
- SelectiveFlood.com - Use Selective's internet-based flood system for an immediate quote/application by the agent
Selective employees provide Customer Service, Underwriting, Accounting, Claims and Marketing. These teams process all quotes, applications, policy changes, cancellations, commission payments and inquiries for Big “I” Flood.
To find Selective’s service commitment, please click here.
File a Claim
From the rain downpours in Texas to the oceans, lakes, and rivers on the East and West Coast, flooding is occurring or might occur in all parts of the country. The Big "I" Flood Program wants to be sure that all IIABA agents know how to file a claim and what their responsibilities are.
Learn more from Selective Insurance about being prepared for a flood and how to file a claim:
Flood Definition: You must first determine if the damage is "water" damage (to be settled as a property claim) or "flood" damage. Flood is defined as a general or temporary condition of partial or complete inundation of:
1) Two or more acres of normally dry land area or;
2) Two or more properties (at least one of which is the flood policy holder's property) from:
- Overflow of inland or tidal waters; or
- Unusual and rapid accumulation or runoff of surface waters from any source;
- or Mudflow;
- or Collapse or subsidence of land along the shore of a lake or similar body of water as a result of erosion or undermining caused by waves or currents of water exceeding anticipated cyclical levels.
Is it a flood? Here are the formsResources:
If the event meets the definition of a flood, then you should file a First Report of Loss claim form as soon as is practical using either the NFIP Notice of Loss Form, a similar form such as the Acord Property Loss Form or the loss form provided by the Write-Your-Own Program insurance company.
A few notes about submitting the claim
Claims can be phoned or faxed but should be as complete as possible with information so the assigned certified adjuster can make immediate contact. Be sure to indicate if the damage was caused by flood or by a combination of wind and flood so the Single Adjuster Program can be used on the loss, if necessary.
Click here for Selective's detailed claim reporting instructions
IIABA Member Agents: How to Participate
Although the program is available to all IIABA members, it is necessary to register to become an appointed producer with the Big “I” Flood Program/Selective and begin using the services today.
Here is the information you will need:
- Agency/Broker insurance license – Resident/nonresident
- Agent/Broker/Producer insurance license(s) – Resident/nonresident
- Federal tax ID#
- Errors & Omissions policy information
Then complete your online profile registration with Big “I” Markets to participate in the Flood Program as well as access many other specialty insurance products. Click here to complete your registration!
It's that easy and you can submit your first Big “I” Markets quote today! Selective Contact InformationUnderwriting, Customer Service and Claims:40 Wantage Ave., CN 101, Branchville, NJ 07890877-348-0552 (Follow the prompts) Contact Your Local Selective Flood Territory Manager
Homeowner Flood Insurance Affordability Act